Sunday, October 3, 2010

Destination Weddings

I know that I said I was going to talk about engagement parties, but I need to address something that I forgot to mention in the last blog.

First though, I am going to state it, so that it is on the record. I am going to try to attempt some sort of order and talk about wedding subjects in the order that I approached them with my planning, but I am not going to promise that it will be perfect. I may talk about some things that are more for the end of planning now, and things that are for the beginning later. In fact, maybe I will keep this going forever with COOL ideas!!

Anyways, moving on, I would like to talk about destination weddings. I promise I will address engagement parties soon. I actually started my planning with the idea of a destination wedding. I think my main motivation for this was that I thought that it would be cheaper. Wrong! It can be even more expensive. It all just depends on the type of wedding that you want to have. You could have an extravagant wedding at home or away from home.

I am NO expert on destination weddings, since I went the other way, but it does need be a topic that is covered. Obviously the first thing that you need to think about is whether or not you actually want a destination wedding. Here are some things to consider.

1. Can my grandparents or close elderly relatives make it to the destination that I have chosen?
2. Will I be okay with having a smaller guest list? (for most people this is the case)
3. Will I be able to adequately plan from long distance?

These were the main questions that concerned me while I was making my decision. The answers for me were NO! So, I went the other way. I do think, however that you can plan a wonderful wedding from a distance.

I did run into some package deals, where you could get a cake, DJ, Photographer, etc, for around $3,000.00. Sounds like a deal to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment