Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wedding Planner??

To hire a wedding planner, or not to hire a wedding planner, that is the question. When I began planning my wedding, I did not even play with the idea of a wedding planner. There was no decision for me. I just thought, who needs a wedding planner when you can save money and do it all yourself. Well, I am not sure if I was wrong, because I have nothing to compare it to, but I think I might have been wrong.

There are two major benefits that hiring a wedding planner brings.

1. The wedding planner has many connections and therefore is wealth of information on where to go for the best vendors and prices. Maybe the wedding planner even has discounts with vendors.

2. The stress on the day of the wedding would be minimized!

Now, to elaborate on theses two points: Here is an example of my logic.

Vendors without a wedding planner cost $10,000.00.
Vendors with a wedding planner cost $8,000.00.
Wedding planner cost $2,000.00.

Logic: Either spend 10,000.00 and have no help, or spend 10,000.00 and have help! With the wedding planner's connections for great pricing, you will make up the difference to pay for the help! Trust me you will want it on the wedding day when you are wondering who is going to set the centerpieces on the tables!

So, I don't know for certain if I would hire a wedding planner if I could go back, but I would at least think about it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. A wedding planner does know everything that is needed for a beautiful and a successful wedding. Even I am going to hire one for my wedding. I have decided to get married in one of the Los Angeles wedding venues only. I hope I find a good planner for the day.

    ReplyDelete